Systems Engineer - Level 2
We need a highly skilled computer and networking professional with 2-5 years experience deploying and supporting Windows based networks.
We are a small but successful and steadily growing IT services company working primarily with small businesses and organizations.
Because of the nature of our work, we need outstanding people that meet a variety of qualifications. Salary depends upon your skills and
experience. This is an excellent situation for the right person, with opportunities for advancement beyond this position.
Please study the information on this page carefully and completely, and if you are confident that you meet the requirements of an "A" level
candidate for this position, then send your resume with "Systems Engineer - Level 2" in the subject line to email@example.com. In your cover
email, let us know how you meet the qualifications and why you believe you are the best person for this job.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and support servers, storage, virtualization and network solutions, including any of the following:
- Microsoft's core business applications: Windows Server/Desktop, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint
- Remote access solutions: VPN, Terminal Services
- Backup, business continuity, and disaster recovery solutions
- Networking: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- VoIP telephone systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Provide consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations
- Communicate often with customers and document all results
- Manage projects and tasks to completion
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 2-5 years of IT experience.
- At least some professional IT certifications, such as Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP
- A strong understanding of relevant technologies, solutions, troubleshooting and support
- Honesty, integrity and dependability
- Possess a genuine desire to help others
- Takes ownership of all tasks and is committed to high quality results
- A track record of self-improvement and continuous learning
- Ability to seamlessly adapt to changes quickly
- Good sense of humor, having fun in pressure-filled moments
- Interpersonal skills: telephone skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Typing, writing and presentation skills
- Professional attitude and appearance